none
Windows cannot complete the extraction. The Destination File cannot be created

Question

• Im trying to open a zipped acrobate file and im getting the above error message. Ive tried disabling the firewall, using 7Zip, restarts. Any ideas? THe file is fairly large.
    Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did this issue occur with all compress files or a special compress file? The issue should related with the software itself, you should contact software manufacturer for further help. We do not support third party tools issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 06, 2012 5:22 AM

All replies

• There is something wrong with the zip file.  You need to contact the source of the file and discuss the problem with them.

Windows is only telling you the process cannot be completed, but the software involved is not Microsoft software, it is third party software.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, February 02, 2012 5:14 PM
  • Thank you for replying. I cant open it under normal winzip either. Thats where i get that error. I only tried 7zip when another forum related question recommended it.

Thursday, February 02, 2012 6:12 PM
  • Hi,

Did this issue occur with all compress files or a special compress file? The issue should related with the software itself, you should contact software manufacturer for further help. We do not support third party tools issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 06, 2012 5:22 AM
  • Hi,

Try the best Zip file recovery software for resolving Zip corruption issues. Get more detail about application here. http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Zip-File-Repair-Tool-410e779a

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:57 AM