none
Can't connect HP laserjet to Win7 wired or wireless network

Question

• I have a HP laserjet connected by USB cable to an XP PC. I have this computer networked to a Belkin router which connects to the internet and other networked PCs. I have a Win7 Acer laptop which i can't connect either wired or wirelessly to the network.

I connected the laptop via the printer USB and it prints ok.

I have a Vista laptop which connects successfully to the printer wirelessly.

I have used the printer wizard for both local and network printers without success.

If I try to print a word document, say, there is a printer option for the laserjet but it is offline.

Any help will be appreciated.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you provide the mode of the printer. According to some important information, some HP printers only supported with USB connection.  You may find listed below:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03089418#A3

Regards.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 02, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Hi

The model is a laserjet 4000 and is some 15 years old. I looked at the site you referenced when trying to solve the problem and there is no indication that there are any limitaions on connecting.

Forgot to mention that I have new HP printer, model photosmart 5520 which connects ok.

Bob

Saturday, November 03, 2012 6:02 PM