none
Flight Simulator X

Question

• I installed fsx standard edition on windows 7
    I have two problem

First : I cannot activate the program. When I fill in the product key, the program try to connect to the server, but it fails
              I have AVG Internet Security 8.0. I also disabled this one.

Second : When I try to start a mission, the program stops working.

Have you any idea?

Claudio Cosentino
    Monday, January 19, 2009 10:08 AM

Answers

• Try the solution written on this page.  It sounds a lot like your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/960481

This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:

• Flight Simulator X is installed on the external hard disk.
    • The Activation Licensing database is corrupted.
    • Flight Simulator X is installed incorrectly.
    • Some files for existing user profiles are corrupted.

Note If Flight Simulator X is installed on an external hard disk, uninstall Flight Simulator X, and then install Flight Simulator X on the local hard disk on your computer

To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order in which they are presented. You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.

Method 1: Repair the installation of Flight Simulator

Follow these steps in the order in which they are listed.

Step 1: Download and install the Software Licensing System Reset Tool

For more information about how to download, install, and use the Software Licensing System Reset Tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    928080  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080/ ) Error message "1722" when you try to reinstall Flight Simulator X
    After you have used the System Reset tool, follow the steps in the "Step 2: Repair the Flight Simulator X installation" section.

Step 2: Repair the Flight Simulator X installation

To repair Flight Simulator X installation, follow these steps:
    1. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.
    2. Select Repair, and then click Next.
    3. Follow the instructions to reinstall Flight Simulator X.

If the issue continues to occur, go to method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall Flight Simulator in to a new user account

Step 1: Remove Flight Simulator X from your computer

1. Uninstall Flight Simulator X from your computer.

For Windows Vista

Click Start

Start button , copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
      appwiz.cpl
      For Windows XP

Click Start, click Run, copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
      appwiz.cpl
    3. In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and then click Remove.

Note If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to the current version of Flight Simulator.

Step 2: Create a new user account

To create a new user account, follow these steps:

1. Open the User Accounts dialog box

For Windows Vista
      1. Click Start

Start button , type account in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
      2. Click Manage User Accounts.

User Account Control permissionIf you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
      For Windows XP

Click Start, click Run, copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
      Nusrmgr.cpl
    2. On the Users tab, click Add or click Create a new account.
    3. Type a name for your user account, type your full name, and then type a description for your account.
    4. If the computer is set up as part of a network domain, type the domain name, and then click Next.

Note If the computer is set up as a stand-alone computer without a network or in a peer-to-peer network, you do not have to provide a domain name.
    5. Type a user password, and then type the user password again to confirm it.

Important Passwords are case-sensitive. For example, “MyPassword” and “mypassword” are treated as different passwords.
    6. Click Next.
    7. Select the level of access for your user account. Typically, you will select Administrator, and then click Finish.
    8. Try to start Flight Simulator X. If you cannot start Flight Simulator X, go to step 3.

Step 3: Reinstall Flight Simulator in to the new user account

1. Log on by using the new user account profile that you created in the "Step 2: Create a new user account" section.
    2. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.
    3. Follow the instructions to install Flight Simulator X.
    4. Start Flight Simulator X, and then follow directions on your screen.

APPLIES TO
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack

• Proposed as answer by rojawajr Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by ClaCos Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:47 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:58 PM

All replies

• right click on the FSX icon and "run as administrator". I think that might help.
    • Proposed as answer by othman_11 Monday, January 19, 2009 3:52 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ClaCos Monday, January 19, 2009 5:09 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2009 3:51 PM
  • othman_11 said:

right click on the FSX icon and "run as administrator". I think that might help.

I have already do that. I also ran it in vista and xp compatibility mode, but it doesn't work.
    • Edited by ClaCos Monday, January 19, 2009 6:37 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2009 5:10 PM
  • I am having the same problem with the Gold edition it gets to the activate screen and fails. Tried running as admin and in compatibility mode still no success. This prevents me from installling acceration pack and getting updates. I think I have memorized my cd key I have entered it so much LOL. So you are not the only one, if I find a fix I will post it here
    Monday, January 19, 2009 5:27 PM
  • I installed FSX Deluxe with Acceleration.   I too had trouble with activation, which was solved by activating my product by telephone.  Apparently with FSX you are only allowed two activations by computer.  However if you give them a call and let them know you upgraded your OS or moved the program off of one computer onto another one, then the operator will be happy to activate it for you.
    • Proposed as answer by Alex T JrModerator Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by ClaCos Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:05 PM
    Monday, January 19, 2009 9:46 PM
  • my issue though is that I get a connection error and then if I click on the by phone link I receive this error:
    An error occurred while attempting to activate the product. The problem may be due to an incomplete installation of the application. Reinstalling the application mat resolve the problem.

I will try the phone thing and see if that works but this would only be the second time installing this for me.

EDIT: no can do, I do not have the installation code because I get the above error which closes activation when I select by phone.
    Monday, January 19, 2009 11:37 PM
  • Try the solution written on this page.  It sounds a lot like your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/960481

This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:

• Flight Simulator X is installed on the external hard disk.
    • The Activation Licensing database is corrupted.
    • Flight Simulator X is installed incorrectly.
    • Some files for existing user profiles are corrupted.

Note If Flight Simulator X is installed on an external hard disk, uninstall Flight Simulator X, and then install Flight Simulator X on the local hard disk on your computer

To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order in which they are presented. You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.

Method 1: Repair the installation of Flight Simulator

Step 1: Download and install the Software Licensing System Reset Tool

For more information about how to download, install, and use the Software Licensing System Reset Tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    928080  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928080/ ) Error message "1722" when you try to reinstall Flight Simulator X
    After you have used the System Reset tool, follow the steps in the "Step 2: Repair the Flight Simulator X installation" section.

Step 2: Repair the Flight Simulator X installation

To repair Flight Simulator X installation, follow these steps:
    1. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.
    2. Select Repair, and then click Next.
    3. Follow the instructions to reinstall Flight Simulator X.

If the issue continues to occur, go to method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall Flight Simulator in to a new user account

Step 1: Remove Flight Simulator X from your computer

1. Uninstall Flight Simulator X from your computer.

For Windows Vista

Click Start

Start button , copy and then paste (or type) the following command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
      appwiz.cpl
      For Windows XP

appwiz.cpl
    3. In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator X, and then click Remove.

Note If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to the current version of Flight Simulator.

Step 2: Create a new user account

To create a new user account, follow these steps:

1. Open the User Accounts dialog box

For Windows Vista
      1. Click Start

Start button , type account in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
      2. Click Manage User Accounts.

User Account Control permissionIf you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
      For Windows XP

Nusrmgr.cpl
    2. On the Users tab, click Add or click Create a new account.
    3. Type a name for your user account, type your full name, and then type a description for your account.
    4. If the computer is set up as part of a network domain, type the domain name, and then click Next.

Note If the computer is set up as a stand-alone computer without a network or in a peer-to-peer network, you do not have to provide a domain name.
    5. Type a user password, and then type the user password again to confirm it.

Important Passwords are case-sensitive. For example, “MyPassword” and “mypassword” are treated as different passwords.
    6. Click Next.
    7. Select the level of access for your user account. Typically, you will select Administrator, and then click Finish.
    8. Try to start Flight Simulator X. If you cannot start Flight Simulator X, go to step 3.

Step 3: Reinstall Flight Simulator in to the new user account

1. Log on by using the new user account profile that you created in the "Step 2: Create a new user account" section.
    2. Insert the Flight Simulator X disc into your DVD drive.
    3. Follow the instructions to install Flight Simulator X.
    4. Start Flight Simulator X, and then follow directions on your screen.

APPLIES TO
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X Standard
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack

• Proposed as answer by rojawajr Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by ClaCos Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:47 PM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2009 4:58 PM
  • still no can do I am getting this following error which I was getting before and just hit ignore and thought it was loading properly now looking back this might be the issue:

Error 1310 Error with writing to file:

C:\windows\winsxs\manifests\x86_Microsoft.vc80.ATL_1fe8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.050727.42_x-ww_6e805841.manifest.

Verify that you have access to that directory

I think there might be an issue with the installer I don't know. confused that others are installing it okay and I am not able to.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Windows Installer Stopped REsponding (FIX) includes Java and other app issues

This has been posted on other sites. I can confirm it fixed install isues with Java and many other apps. Some how it got renamed and many people have this issue, fixed visual studio installs as well.

You should have base registry editing knowledge to do this.

Run Regedit  (Start...All Programs...
    Accessories... Run     then enter Regedit)

Back up Registry before changing anything !

navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions

select MachineThrottling Right click and select Rename

Rename MachineThrottling  to    _MachineThrottling    (The underscore is the key to fixing it)
    exit Regedit and the MSI (installer) should now work without hanging.

Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:24 PM