none
Windows 8 Store Won't Open

Question

• Okay, I've had this issue since I upgraded to W8 from 7 a couple months ago, and I've been getting by basically using 8 like 7 with an extra UI that doesn't work, but I thought I would post here to see if someone could help me figure this out. Like the title says, my windows 8 store app will not open. It reacts when I click it, but then doesn't do anything. Whenever I try to launch it, the event viewer shows an error "Activation of the app winstore_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Store for the Windows.Launch contract was blocked because of a temporary issue with its license. Try launching the app again in a moment." Also, I seem to be missing the other Windows 8 apps (News, Mail, etc.) that I think are supposed to be installed on all systems by default. This is the only windows 8 computer I have worked with, so I'm not sure whether or not that's the case. I am also part of a domain (through my university), which I have seen might cause some issues sometimes. I have tried basically anything I have found in other's posts with the same issue, but as of yet, I haven't found anything that works. (Here is a link to the thread I made a while ago on the MS community answers site, but it's basically 7 pages of tips that didn't work.) I don't know what other information I should provide that would be helpful in diagnosing this problem, but I'll be quick in replying if you ask. Thanks for any help!
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:57 PM

Answers

• I suggest you troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, try to run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:24 AM

All replies

• I suggest you troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

If the issue persists in Clean Boot Mode, try to run In-place Upgrade to repair the system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Monday, February 25, 2013 8:24 AM
  • I am also unable to access the Windows Store app.  The app was working for several weeks (upgrade from Win 7 to Win 8) and then Internet Explorer 10 and the Windows Store app ceased to work (will not load) on the Start/Icon page. 

Firefox works fine on the Start Page and both Firefox and Internet Explorer 10 work fine on the Desktop interface.

None of the "helpful hints" on any of the tech sites I have visited have had any effect on the problem.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:21 AM
  • Arthur, please edit your reply to include the command-line to enter using Run to open the Windows Store app in Windows 8. Thank you.

Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means, Time held me green and dying, Though I sang in my chains like the sea. - - Dylan Thomas, Fern Hill, 1956.

Saturday, December 07, 2013 8:19 AM
  • hey guy did you solve the windows app store issue
    Friday, December 13, 2013 1:11 AM