none
Windows XP randomly freezes up

Question

• I have Windows XP operating system with service Pac 3 installed.  In the last couple of weeks my computer has started freezing up.  After I shut it down it will it will start up again.  I checked the System Event Log and there are always 2 error messages --- 7000 and 30013.  Can anyone tell me how to correct this problem?
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:14 PM

All replies

• In the event viewer you should also have a "source" listed, open the event viewer (Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer) and look for any errors, when you find one double click on it and a new window comes up, on it you'll see "Source", "catagory" , and "Event ID" post those, check the "Application" and "System" areas. also have you recently made any changes, installed anything, around the time that this started happening? are you getting any error messages, or is it just the event viewer thats showing an error?
    Dennis ,, Owner: HTML tutorial DB Security Please dont forget to mark any post(s) that helped as helpful or answered
    Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:25 PM
  • I'm having a very similar problem which like yours started a couple of weeks ago and involves a 7000 error code.  In my case the 7000 code refers to an adfs.sys file which it cannot find but looks for first at boot up and then at random occasions which is when my xp sp3 froze and rebooted.  I have unticked that file using 'Autoruns' and so far the error didnt recurr on boot and so far hasnt frozen again.

Yours might be a different error but its worth using autoruns to take a look to see if your adfs.sys 'cannot be found'.  

Best of luck 
    Monday, December 21, 2009 12:18 AM
  • Maybe if you'll do a system restore to the date it worked fine, it will probably help...
    Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:44 PM