none
Cursor freezing

Question

• While using the computer the cursor freezes on me. I have a new laptop running Windows 7. When it freezes I cannot use the arrows or the touch pad. I have a wireless mouse and tried using the touch pad instead of mouse but had the same problem. The computer has to be manually shut down, ctrl, alt, delete does not work.  The specs are as follows: Intel processor PBGA(478pin); L2 cache 6MB; NVIDIA MCP79MVL; Memory DDR2 667/800MHz, DDR2 SO-DIMM x 2 slots512/1024/ 2048MB DDR2 SDRAM; sound coddec chip Realtek, Azalia Interface. Windows 7 was preinstalled on the computer.

I am using Firefox as my default browser.

Friday, April 16, 2010 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hi Judith4200, does the issue occur after installing certain application? You can first boot into Safe Mode and see if that freezes. Since you are using wireless mouse, you can also check its battery. If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, please try the following method to troubleshoot the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, April 19, 2010 6:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Judith4200, does the issue occur after installing certain application? You can first boot into Safe Mode and see if that freezes. Since you are using wireless mouse, you can also check its battery. If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, please try the following method to troubleshoot the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, April 19, 2010 6:33 AM
  • Im having the exact same problem on my HP laptop the cursor freezes  and the only way is to shut down the PC I have windows 7 running  crt alt delete does not work I have tried to plug in a mouse but its still frozen...very frustrating I notice it happens when I leave the PC on and open and after 5-10 mins the cursor freezes
    Friday, January 20, 2012 1:03 AM