The download package, AdventureWorks2008R2_RTM.exe, available on CodePlex (Sample Databases for Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 (RTM)), includes three versions of the Adventure Works databases:
· AdventureWorksLT2008R2 (the light weight version with a simpler schema)
· AdventureWorksDW2008R2 (the data warehouse version)
· AdventureWorks2008R2 (the online transaction processing (OLTP) version that the AdventureWorks sample reports use)
· Full-Text Search is installed
· SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher is running
· FILESTREAM is enabled
Reports are designed to work with AdventureWorks2008R2. Updating the data sources of will not solve the problem. These databases have different schemas (for example, tables and columns have different names) and the report queries do not work with them. You must install AdventureWorks2008R2 to run the reports.
The date/time data in the AdventureWorks2008R2 database has changed from earlier versions of the database. Four years were added to date/time column values. If your reports, use parameters or filters set by date/time values, the data that displays in the reports might be different or the report might be blank.
Additional localized product descriptions have been added to the AdventureWorksDW2008R2 database. The data is in the FactAdditionalInternationalProductDescription table. The addition of this table does not affect reports that use the AdventureWorksDW2008R2 database. They continue to run without modification.
The specified version of sample databse is not available anymore.
Anything new for SQL samples?