It’s so easy to deploy Microsoft Office 2007 with Configuration Manager 2012 as well as Configuration Manager 2007. For this, you have to follow these steps :
1. You have to create a msp file for Office 2007 using OCT
then place it under the folder called “Update”
2. On ConfigMgr 2012, create a package for Office 2007
3. Give all needed informations about your package
4. Choose “Standard program”
5. Specify installation parameters
6. Click next
7. Add you package to a DP
8. Click next
9. Click Add/Distribution point then select your DP then click next.
10. Make sure that the package was distributed to the DP (You can look at the “Content Status” or Distmgr.log)
11. Deploy the package on a collection
12. Specify settings to control the software deployment
13. Configure the schedule
14. Configure the user experience depending on your need
14. Select “ Download content …” then click next
15. You can look at the “Deployment Status” dashboard to be sure that the deployment of Office was done successfully. Of course you always use log files (e.g : execmgr.log) and ConfigMgr reports.
How do you create a deployable version when you dont have a volume license version?
We have a few Office 2k7 licenses which are not part of our volume licenses and i would like to add these to SCCM in order for users who are granted approval to be able to install them automatically instead of having an IT admin come do it for them..