When running System Center Operations Manager 2007, the Operations Manager SDK Service may fail with the following error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: OpsMgr SDK Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26380
The System Center Operations Manager SDK Service failed due to an unhandled
The service will attempt to restart.
You may also find information similar to the following:
Note that if you restart the service it will start but fail again approximately 10 seconds later.
This can be cause by one or both of the following:
1. The System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring console was installed on a System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 RMS server. This is an unsupported configuration.
2. The SDK assembly files are corrupt or the wrong version.
To resolve this issue follow the steps below:
1. Remove the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Authoring console if it was installed on a System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1 RMS server.
2. Download and install the .NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit:
- For OpsMgr 2007 x86 see http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fe6f2099-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec&DisplayLang=en
- For OpsMgr 2007 x64 see http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=1aef6fce-6e06-4b66-afe4-9aad3c835d3d
Run the commands below to re-install the SDK assembly files. Note that the gacutil.exe tool will be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin or C:\Program Files (x64)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin:
gacutil.exe /i "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\SDK Binaries\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Common.dll" /f
gacutil.exe /i "C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\SDK Binaries\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.dll" /f
The commands above register the Assembly cache with the correct DLL files.
3. Restart the OpsMgr SDK Service.