By default, VMM is configured to maintain job history for 90 days.
Here is how to remove items from the job history manually (for example, failed jobs history) directly in the SQL Express for SCVMM DB.
1. Download SQL Management Studio Express from the following link and install in SCVMM
2. Open the management studio console and connect to <SCVMM server>\microsoft$vmm$
3. Select Databases > VirtualManagerDB
4. Click New Query and input the following command:
UPDATE tbl_TR_TaskTrail SET IsVisible = 0 WHERE TaskState = ‘Failed’
5. Click Execute, it will hide all the failed status job.
6. When you re-open the SCVMM console, the failed jobs should not be listed.
This article was created by user Mohamed May 3, 2010. There is a TNWIKI bug currently under investigation that for some reason changes listed ownership. I will update when this bug is fixed.
Yes, I face this one time, thanks for sharing!
Happy to see this is useful