1. Download IE9 executable file then extract it.
2. You will find three files.
3. Create a CMD or BATCH script.
4. Create a new package in ConfigMgr, its program and add it to the DP.
5. Create an advertisement and make sure that the option “Download content from distribution point and run locally” is selected.
6. Now IE9 can be uninstalled and you will need to reboot the computer to complete the uninstall because we have used /norestart in the script. Also you can force a reboot if this will not create problems with users.
7. You can monitor IE9 uninstall process using the classic methods as ConfigMgr reports, ConfigMgr log files AND also you will find the log file created by the script.
8. If you don’t want to use the software distribution method, you can use a task sequence.
Or, follow Method2 steps in support.microsoft.com/.../2579295 ?
Question, my file is stored on a shared drive (F). That being said, would the following be correct?
pkgmgr.exe /up /m: \\F:\Adv_Pckg_Source\Microsoft\Internet_Explorer\IE9\IE9-Win7.cab /quiet /norestart