error while installing SQL server 2012 rc0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I have been getting error while installing SQL server 2012 rc0. Whenever I try to install it, it is asking for vs_setup.msi. But when I actually browse for this file, setup fails with an error. quiet a few errors, database engine failure. I have also installed service pack 1. Thanks...
    Sandy
    Friday, January 27, 2012 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandy, my experience with this error is that the ISO downloaded is somehow corrupt.  Are you running the installer from a downloaded ISO?  If so, can you try to download it again?  If not, what are the errors reported in the summary.txt file produced by the setup logs?

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 8:33 AM
  • I had this error when installing SQL server. It wasn't to do with a corrupt download but seemed to be down to a bug in the way that the software detects .net framework 3.5 on windows 7.

After following the instructions on this page under heading 1.1 it retried and succeeded

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 6:55 PM
  • As suggested in the previous post, I would recommend you to check the Installation Prerequisites and the SQL Server 2012 RC0 release notes.

Please provide me the following details:

·         Operating System

·         Exact error message

As per the prerequisites, please make sure you meet the specified requirements for .NET Framework, Visual Studio Components and PowerShell.

Hope this helps..

Chaitanya( Twitter | Blogs )

Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 3, 2012 2:33 PM