none
Task Schedular throwing - failed to launch errors RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to schedule a simple task with Task Scheduler in my admin account win 10 home.  

Setup: User is set as my login user name that windows assigned when I created my admin account, Using change user I key the account name and "check names" finds it just fine,  Run at logon for any user, Run only when user is logged on is set, Run with highest privileges is turned on, Actions is set to "Start a Program" (a .bat file), Run History is enabled so I can see results. 

Issues:  Error events 101 and 203 with error value 2147942405  Event 101 is reporting "Task Scheduler failed to launch action...",  203 is reporting "Task Scheduler failed to launch action..."  both with stated error value.

Tried:  Tried changing to "Run whether user is logged on or not".  When it asks me to enter password I provide my admin password and get an error reporting "Error message: The specified account name is not valid".   The user account name is the name windows created when I created the account.   "Check Names" finds is just fine.  

Did a lot of research about rights, and permissions and how to make those updates.  I enabled gpedit.msc but was not able to find where or what to change.   I have spent many hours trying to make this work!!     Please help!

Please Help!   I believe it is a security issue but I need specific guidance on how to get past these errors. 

Friday, June 21, 2019 8:32 PM