none
RWA Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Need some help with RWA on Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard. Users are able to login. When they click on their PC or any pc available they get: "

Your computer can't connect to the Remote Desktop Gateway server. Contact your network administrator for assistance.".

I look in the error log on server and also see this: "A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL client credential. The internal error state is 10013.".

I am able to rdp to server from outside the building and then use the SBS console to RDP to PC having problem.

Patches are current.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much in advance for your help!

Dexter Southerland

Monday, May 6, 2019 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure that appropriate port has been opened for remote desktop connection (3389 by default). Please reference “SBS 2011 Essentials: Router Setup” to confirm the details:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3038.sbs-2011-essentials-router-setup.aspx

Besides, please try to manually re-start Remote Desktop Gateway service, if problem persists, reference “Repair Remote Desktop Gateway” for detail steps:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-essentials-sbs/gg697165(v%3dws.11)

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 10, 2019 1:14 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:12 AM
  • Eve,

Sorry for Delay. I got side tracked on other projects. The router has not changed, it did have a mandatory firmware upgrade. It is a Calyptix AE 800. I have talked with router support and they have checked it. found nothing wrong. Since I am a skeptical soul. I put in a inexpensive netgear for an hour. No Change.

The remote gateway service has not been touched. The article above looks like a removal and reinstall? Not sure what you wnat here?

One note,  TLS 1.0 and 1.1 were removed about 2 months ago to make exchange 2010 compliant.

I can rdp to server from outside fine. I can remote to pc's on the network with rdp also from server.

Any Idea's

Thanks for your patience and time.

Dexter

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:49 PM