Unable to install Azure AD Connect - not able to creat a password wich satisfies the current password policy RRS feed

• Question

• We have a new Windows Server 2016 Standard Active Directory installed. Using the Express settings in Azure Active Directory Connect tool. Error:

Unable to install the Synchronization Service. Azure AD Connect is not able to create a password which satisfies the current password policy...

The tool is unable to create the ADSync Service account. I do not want to do a custom installation and create my own ADSync service account.

I have edited the Default Domain Policy several ways from default but still getting this error.

How can I proceed?

Saturday, May 9, 2020 12:47 AM

All replies

• Hello ,

This could be an issue with the user account entered - domain.com\user as opposed to domain\user could trip this error. Suggest you to try a fresh installation with the domain\user credentials.

Here is an article that details how to manually remove the bits and pieces of SQL Server 2005 due to this error - How to manually uninstall an instance of SQL Server.

Let us know if this helps you fix the issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're migrating from MSDN to Microsoft Q&A as our new forums and Azure Active Directory has already made the move!  In future, you can ask and look for the discussion for Azure Active Directory related questions here:   https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/topics/azure-active-directory.html. We are actively working to onboard remaining Azure services on Microsoft Q&A. We will make a public announcement once complete. Want to Learn more about new platform: Microsoft Q&A Getting Started

Monday, May 11, 2020 1:58 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:01 PM
  • Hello,

Any update on the issue?

If the suggested response helped you resolve your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and "Up-Vote" for the answer that helped you for benefit of the community.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:27 PM