none
Surface Book won't detach because of Calculator and Microsoft Store???? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

We have the higher end i7 Surface Books with the NVideo cards and 1TB drives, but we also have mostly Surface Books that are regular i5's.

Upon the last large system update a few months ago, all of the i7 units changed the way you access things like the battery and screen info, but no the i5's after their update.

With that said, the i7's will no longer detach saying that things like the Calculator and Microsoft Store have to be closed first;

and sure enough, once they're closed, the table detaches from the keyboard.

After a recent Windows update last month, none of the i7's will detach and the software icon on the taskbar to tell them to detach, is no longer present (on any of them).

Now you press the detach button on the keyboard and it simply turns red (forever) until you press it again.

If you go into task manager and start ending things (that no one manually launched) it "may" eventually detach.

If there's any way to make this problem go away, any help would be appreciated.

Alert from Microsoft Forum

Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:54 PM