PowerShell 4.0 and the ActiveDirectory PS module RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is anyone else having problems with the MS ActiveDirectory cmdlets in PowerShell 4.0?  Running the following command on a domain-joined Windows 8 RTM device:

get-aduser myusername -properties *

...returns all available properties of user myusername, as expected.  However, on a domain-joined Windows 8.1 preview machine with the Windows 8.1 RSAT installed, the same command returns the following error:

get-aduser : One or more properties are invalid.
    Parameter name: msDS-AssignedAuthNPolicy
    At line:1 char:1
    + get-aduser myusername -properties *
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (myusername:ADUser) [Get-ADUser], ArgumentException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ActiveDirectoryCmdlet:System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.Comm
       ands.GetADUser

The cmdlet works correctly if I specify the properties rather than using the wildcard.  Get-AdComputer is doing exactly the same thing.

I should note that I just noticed this behavior this morning. I was using these cmdlets on my Win 8.1 machine last week, and the only change I can think of is that I installed the latest batch of updates on Friday.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Monday, July 15, 2013 5:12 PM

All replies

• I'm having this exact issue.

I have a couple of extremely basic scripts that use -properties * and neither work.

Hoping someone can find a fix.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:32 AM
  • I will help you record this issue.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:48 PM
  • Hi Niki,

Do you know if any progress has been made on this?  I am now running Windows 8.1 RTM, and have tried the RSAT packages for both Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 preview (since the Windows 8.1 RTM RSAT package is not available), but I am still running into this issue with the Active Directory cmdlets not recognizing the wildcard *.  Please let me know if you have heard anything, or if you need any more information.

Thanks!

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:20 PM
  • Does anyone know a status update on this issue.  I'm also running Windows 8.1 and cannot run PowerShell using the * wildcard.  I'm definitely interested in an update to resolve this if it's available.

Thanks for any help . . .

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 3:31 PM