none
Software Updates - Success Collection Query SCCM 2016 CB RRS feed

• Question

• Am trying to find a software updates deployment success machines should appear in a collection as dynamically for the month that i have deployed, I can give as input as my deployment ID.

Is there any sccm CB version collection query ? which can show if I give the deployment ID in WQL query ?

I tried below but it is not even taking, it says the query is invalid or not in recognized format by query designer.

select sys.ResourceID,sys.ResourceType,sys.Name,sys.SMSUniqueIdentifier,sys.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,sys.Client from sms_r_system as sys inner join SMS_ClientAdvertisementStatus as offer on sys.ResourceID=offer.ResourceID  WHERE AdvertisementID = 'A0120005' and LastStateName = 'Succeeded' 

HunBoy Started learning from this page

• Edited by HundotBoy Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:34 PM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 2:32 PM

All replies

• Am trying to find a software updates deployment success machines should appear in a collection as dynamically for the month that i have deployed, I can give as input as my deployment ID.

The one you are trying is for applications .

For software update compliance ,always use SCCM reports and it does provide more granular reports and easy to track the status. There are lot of built-in update compliance status reports available ,should help you that.

Any reason you need the collection for compliance status ?

Eswar Koneti | Configmgr Blog: http://www.eskonr.com | Linkedin: eskonr | Twitter: @eskonr

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:34 PM
  • The Query is not working am getting error as "This query either has a syntax error or is using feature of the language not supported in design view.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System  join SMS_SUMDeploymentAssetDetails dad on SMS_R_System.resourceID = dad.resourceID where dad.assignmentID = '16667134' and dad.StatusType = '5'

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System  join SMS_SUMDeploymentAssetDetails dad on SMS_R_System.resourceID = dad.resourceID where dad.assignmentID = '16667134' and dad.StatusType = '5'

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:09 PM
  • Is any one can help to get this query in working state ?

I have been trying my best but not working the query.

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System  join SMS_SUMDeploymentAssetDetails dad on SMS_R_System.resourceID = dad.resourceID where dad.assignmentID = '16667134' and dad.StatusType = '5'

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:24 PM
  • I have a situation where i need to patch x,y patches sucessfully then only i can patch ABC patches. So I thought to create a collection based on success list of deployment and then target ABC. That's the idea.

I thought of phased deployment but I do not think it can help here.. do you think it can help ?

What should be my approach here ?

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:27 PM