none
Command-Line Activity Wizard - Failed to Merge Assemblies RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone ever gotten this message when trying to create an activity using the wizard? Something about a "module or assembly depends on a version of core library that is new than the one the Reader uses to resolve system types." It does this for Run Command or Run Windows PowerShell modes. I followed step-by-step of blogs using 'dir' and 'Get-ChildItem' just in case it was something the commands I want to use but still the same thing. Any assistance would be appreciate :) Couldn't find this error mentioned anywhere on these forums.

Thanks,

XK8GEEK

• Edited by XK8Geek Wednesday, September 14, 2016 6:54 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 3:48 AM

Answers

• This issue here was that the 'OnlyUseLatestCLR' value was equal to 1 for the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework

This was set to 1 so that Run .NET Script Activity and Active Directory commands can operate.

http://www.mhalliday.com/category/microsoft/system-center/orchestrator/

The resolution was to leave the value equal to 1 on the Runbook servers so as not to break existing activities/runbooks and then on my client machines the value is either not present or equal to 0 by default and I am able to create activities thru the Orchestrator Command-Line Activity Wizard.

• Marked as answer by XK8Geek Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:21 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer to the link below:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh855854.aspx#AddingCommands

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:04 AM
  • Hi Xin,

Thanks for your response.

I can do Dir $(folder) the and then click Next but no matter what I get the same error. It is like whatever assemblies the wizard uses are not the right versions and it can longer operate until these referenced files get corrected. I just don't know which files the wizard uses. I just built a fresh all-in-one server and am able to complete the wizard. I am now using ProcMon to compare the files each are utilizing to hopefully shed some light.

This is happening on two separate all-in-one Orchestrator servers in my environment so I have open a ticket with support and they did not have anything showing in the internal knowledgebase and also researching.

Thursday, September 15, 2016 2:48 AM
  • This issue here was that the 'OnlyUseLatestCLR' value was equal to 1 for the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework

This was set to 1 so that Run .NET Script Activity and Active Directory commands can operate.

http://www.mhalliday.com/category/microsoft/system-center/orchestrator/

The resolution was to leave the value equal to 1 on the Runbook servers so as not to break existing activities/runbooks and then on my client machines the value is either not present or equal to 0 by default and I am able to create activities thru the Orchestrator Command-Line Activity Wizard.

• Marked as answer by XK8Geek Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:21 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:21 PM