Surface BSODs RRS feed

• Question

• We’ve got a Surface with serial number: 107685028 that I’m having some trouble with today.

We had the same device running all last week at an exhibition with no problems. Since getting it back, I’ve had a run of Blue Screen of Deaths.

To try to resolve this, I ran Windows Update and installed anything that was Vista related. But to no avail, in fact it seems to be getting worse.

I can’t quite pin down what causes the issue, however in the logs is an error from “atikmdag”, the task category is CPLIB. This occurs over 30 times, and coincides approximately with the time just before the blue screen occurred.

The BSOD error was Kernel Stack Inpage Error – or at least those words, not necessarily in that order! I'm also getting out of sytem memory errors in an app that again, was running fine last week.

Defrag runs every night, and I ran a scheduled disk check, which didn’t find any errors.

When the errors/blue screens occurred, the Surface was running in admin mode with Surface Input running.

Any thoughts??

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:17 PM

All replies