none
SBS 2003 - Exchange. priv1.edb - export to pst RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jim:

The traditional method of exporting the contents of the exchange data base to pst is with xmerge.  There are limits on the size of the mailbox it will export so you may have to visit each station and copy out the Exchange mailbox to a local pst.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Monday, July 1, 2013 12:48 PM
  • Hi Larry . Thanks for your quick response. The situation we have is that with the re-install- we have created a New priv.edb (Pub.edb) etc. Consequentially , the users only have a few days emails in their Exchange Mailbox.

I did think of exporting their new current mailboxes to pst files which would not be difficult- , then considered overwriting the now current  *.edb with the *.edb files , we have before the problem. However Im not sure it would be that staight forward. In fact Im almost convoced that would not be that easy .  I suppose , Im looking for a utility which could interface will an unmounted priv.edb- and export the contents to individual pst files- which I could then import individually back into each users mailbox.

???

Jim

Jim

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:00 PM
  • Oh... completely different problem than what I thought I read.  <g>

There are a number of utilities that can do this:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/aac53911-1a99-44e0-be12-1339f9ee72b0/how-to-mount-another-edb-to-your-exchange-2010

I take it there was no chance of a restore from backup rather than a rebuild.  Please review your backup and disaster recovery plans going forward.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Hi Larry.  Thanks - will give the ontrackpower a vew and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the help

Jim

Jim

Monday, July 1, 2013 2:49 PM
  • Hi Larry.  Just downloaded a demo version of Kernel Recovery - which looks as though it will do the trick, and export the mailboxes to PST files .  Thank you very much for the suggestions

Regards

Jim

Jim

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:57 AM
  • The easiest method would be using third party EDB to PST Converter application as you only need EDB file which is to be converted and the rest can be done easily using the tool which will guide you through the steps with its easy to use interface. 

The second method is to run mailbox export commands, you can only try this if you have very good knowledge of Exchange Server as a simple mistake while running the commands could damage the Exchange server database. The step by step guide to export  file to pst is mentioned here in the http://www.filerepairtools.com/tips/how-to-export-exchange-2013-mailboxes-to-pst/

I suggest you to make a copy of database first if you are going to try any of the above method.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 6:27 AM