skype for Business server 2015 : cannot be moved from one Skype for Business Server pool to another pool in a single operation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with  FQDN, I do not manage to remove them from Active Directory 

and I am stuck with

ClusterIdChange: A pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) cannot be moved from one Skype for Business Server pool to another pool in a single operation. 16/10/2015 14:02:22 Error
                  ClusterIdChange: Pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) "milou.ninja.hsh" was moved from cluster ID "1:3" to "1:1". 16/10/2015 14:02:22  
                  ClusterIdChangeResolution: Complete the rename or removal of the first Skype for Business Server pool before assigning the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) to a new pool. 16/10/2015 14:02:22  
                  ClusterIdChange: A pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) cannot be moved from one Skype for Business Server pool to another pool in a single operation. 16/10/2015 14:02:22 Error
                  ClusterIdChange: Pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) "lagaffe.ninja.hsh" was moved from cluster ID "1:4" to "1:2". 16/10/2015 14:02:22  
                  ClusterIdChangeResolution: Complete the rename or removal of the first Skype for Business Server pool before assigning the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) to a new pool. 16/10/2015 14:02:22  
                  ClusterIdChange: Pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) "skypeFE.ninja.hsh" was moved from cluster ID "1:5" to "1:3". 16/10/2015 14:02:22  

Error: Cluster ID is not consistent with current deployment.

16/10/2015 14:02:22 Error
      Error: An error occurred: "System.InvalidOperationException" "Cluster ID is not consistent with current deployment."

I have no clues how to delete them to allow me to have a clean install

I have tryed to remove CN-RTSERVICES from AD, but nothing changed.

Any ideas please ?

Friday, October 16, 2015 1:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm confused about what you're trying to accomplish.  Are you attempting to completely remove a Skype for Business deployment from your Active Directory and start over?  This is for Lync 2010 but many of the steps remain the same:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg195815%28v=ocs.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, October 16, 2015 3:59 PM
  • quite simple

Step 1 doing a topology with a configuration

step 2 doing a topology with an other configuration (obviously after a Remove-CsConfigurationStoreLocation)

different front end and different store

=> you have this kind of problem

• Edited by olivierth Friday, October 16, 2015 5:21 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2015 5:20 PM
  • Hi,

From your description, did you want to use the same FE Pool FQDN ( which one you have deployed) for another FE Pool (which you want to deploy the new one)?

If yes, it is not supported.

If the old Lync environment isn't needed any more and you need to recreate it with the same FQDN, you have to delete the topology information from AD with the following path:

ADSI Edit--Configuration--Services--RTC Service--Topology Settings

If you still want to use the old Server pool and then want to add a Skype for Business Server pool, you have to use another FQDN but not the old one.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Eason Huang Monday, October 19, 2015 3:02 AM
    Monday, October 19, 2015 3:01 AM
  • this

"you have to delete the topology information from AD with the following path:

ADSI Edit--Configuration--Services--RTC Service--Topology Settings"

doesn't work at all

=> it is keeping somewhere else the FQDN for a pool

I have to do

" ClusterIdChangeResolution: Complete the rename or removal of the first Skype for Business Server pool before assigning the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) to a new pool.
    16/10/2015 14:02:22"

Monday, October 19, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

Please firstly uninstall Skype for Business Server with the help of the link below (it is for Lync Server 2010 but similar for Skype for Business Server 2015):

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg195815%28v=ocs.14%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Then delete Skype for Business information in AD as following:

https://expertslab.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/remove-lync-server-from-active-directory/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:55 AM
  • thanks I have already tryed this, but it still says

"

ClusterIdChange: A pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) cannot be moved from one Skype for Business Server pool to another pool in a single operation.
    16/10/2015 14:02:22
    Error
                  ClusterIdChange: Pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) "milou.ninja.hsh" was moved from cluster ID "1:3" to "1:1".

ClusterIdChangeResolution: Complete the rename or removal of the first Skype for Business Server pool before assigning the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) to a new pool.

ClusterIdChange: A pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) cannot be moved from one Skype for Business Server pool to another pool in a single operation.
    Error
                  ClusterIdChange: Pool fully qualified domain name (FQDN) "lagaffe.ninja.hsh" was moved from cluster ID "1:4" to "1:2".

"

and I do not know where it keeps these pool names !

Monday, October 19, 2015 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

Base on my understanding, then you may need to uninstall Lync Server completely. Then deploy SFB Server again.

You can refer to the link below:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/canitpro/archive/2014/10/08/step-by-step-uninstalling-a-microsoft-lync-server-2013.aspx

Best Regards

Eason Huang

• Marked as answer by Eason Huang Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:02 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:02 AM
  • Unfortunately it doesn't solve at all this problem.

This is a standard un-installation which doesn't correspond to this kind of problem.

I have seen on other post, that I am not the only one. but still no answers working

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:36 PM
  • first, uninstall Central management database:

Uninstall-CsDatabase -CentralManagementDatabase -SqlServerFqdn sfb.contoso.net -SqlInstanceName rtc

then, install a new one:

Istall-CsDatabase -CentralManagementDatabase -SqlServerFqdn sfb.contoso.net -SqlInstanceName rtc

then publish your new topology

• Proposed as answer by Iman Moha Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:42 PM
    Thursday, April 9, 2020 2:42 PM