Bahnschrift font for MAC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm needing to set up some PowerPoint and Word templates for one of our clients and would like to use the new Bahnschrift font (newly available on Windows 10) as this is a system font which closely matches their corporate font but although it is available as a system font for my colleagues on their PCs, it is not however available as a system font on my Mac. 

Can anyone tell me if there's a way I can use it on my Mac? I'm trying not to have to design/create them on a PC if I can help it.

Other than that I was going to use another font and then open up on a PC and change it there, although not ideal as I'd like to see how the font looks while I'm designing it.

Any ideas?

C

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please find and download your wanted font for Mac OS.

Once you've downloaded the font you want to install you need to install it in the operating system. Once the font is properly installed in the operating system Microsoft Office will be able to see and use it. You can try the following steps to install fonts on Mac:

1. Find the font file you downloaded - it likely has a .ttf or .otf extension and it's probably in your downloads folder. Double-click on it.
      Note: If the font file has a .zip extension you need to open that .zip file and open the font file from there.
    2. It will open in the font previewer. Click Install Font. It will open in the Font Book.
    3. Close the Font Book. Your font should now be available to Microsoft Office.

Try it in your scenario.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:39 AM
  • This reply does not answer the ACTUAL question, which is where can the new Bahnschrift font be downloaded from.

We all know how to install a font, all we get here is "Please find and download your wanted font for Mac OS"!!! Where from?

Thursday, August 30, 2018 11:34 AM
  • This reply does not answer the ACTUAL question, which is where can the new Bahnschrift font be downloaded from.

We all know how to install a font, all we get here is "Please find and download your wanted font for Mac OS"!!! Where from?

Based on my knowledge, there is no official site in Microsoft to download the font for Mac OS. I suggest you can make a confirmation with Mac to check if they have any Official font download site for Mac OS. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 31, 2018 10:30 AM
  • It would be nice to able to download this font since I'm using Mac and my clients using windows and they created documents and presentations using Bahnschrift. Any news?
    Tuesday, March 10, 2020 5:12 PM
  • Your Microsoft user agreements allows the use of fonts that came with the software and/or operating system. The agreement does not allow you to copy those fonts to other systems. That's font piracy.Here is Microsoft's page on font redistribution: Font redistribution FAQ for Windows

Legally, you should be licensing the Bahnschrift faces you need for Mac users. Here is Microsoft's page about Bahnschrift. And here is the contact page for Saja Typeworks, the type foundry that created Bahnschrift. They will be able to tell you how you can license the face for Macs.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 4:31 PM
  • The Bahnschrift font is located: C:\windows\fonts

I'm not a legal expert (obviously) so I'm not suggesting you do this but hypothetically;  I would assume if you bought the OS from Microsoft, you own the use of the fonts as well, regardless of what platform you're showing your project on.

FYI- If you copy/paste the font you'll get a popup window stating: "The destination has 14 files with the same names" -This is OK because each instance of the TTF contains all versions of the typeface (it's a TTF thing). Select "Replace the files in the destination" it'll still contain the entire family i.e. Regular, bold, light, condensed etc. so don't worry.

Install YOUR copy of Bahnschrift (temporarily of course) on your Mac so you can view your Microsoft project with the Microsoft typefaces.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 7:41 PM
  • You don't own any Microsoft software. You have licensed it. And that license has terms that stipulate the fonts are for use with the software you licensed, not with other operating systems. Just be aware that if you take Lancelot's advice, you're breaking your user agreement.
    Thursday, April 16, 2020 5:10 PM
  • cufonfonts and freefontsfamily provide the Bahnschrift font for MAC.

I hope this helps!

Regards.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 1:03 PM
  • Both of those are pirate sites. The Bahnschrift fonts are not the legal property either of the site or the individuals who uploaded them, they still belong to Microsoft. Here are the terms extracted from the one of the font files:

2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    BahnschriftRegular Bahnschrift Regular Version 2.00
    Aaron Bell
    http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/
    http://www.sajatypeworks.com
    Microsoft supplied font.
    You may use this font to create, display, and print content as permitted by the license terms or terms of use, of the Microsoft product, service, or content in which this font was included. You may only (i) embed this font in content as permitted by the embedding restrictions included in this font; and (ii) temporarily download this font to a printer or other output device to help print content. Any other use is prohibited.

Thursday, May 21, 2020 9:34 PM