Formatting field based on another field's value. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we have added a field to identify VIP users in Service Manager 2012.  The field shows up on the Extensions tab of a user CI.  We would like to modify the Affected User field in an Incident to highlight the user name if the VIP field is set to True.  Is there a way to do conditional formatting on a field in Service Manager based on the value of another field?

I've done some searching but can't seem to find anything specific to what we are attempting to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Answers

• you might be better off using the User's Notes field, with a bright red label, per this trick that Travis detailed in SCSM 2010. I've used this (along with some automation to set these notes for various reasons such as "VIP user", "Special attention required", "No Jargon", "legal hold", etc) to alert analysts successfully at several clients. 
    • Marked as answer by jbmeier Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In a custom WPF form you might use a convertor to set some properties of a control. You have to insert a custom control that will do the trick. You can try Ron Ford's approach from here.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter: LinkedIn: Graveyard:

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 4:29 PM
  • you might be better off using the User's Notes field, with a bright red label, per this trick that Travis detailed in SCSM 2010. I've used this (along with some automation to set these notes for various reasons such as "VIP user", "Special attention required", "No Jargon", "legal hold", etc) to alert analysts successfully at several clients. 
    • Marked as answer by jbmeier Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:15 PM
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:01 PM
  • Thanks for the responses.  The method Thomas provided is closer to what we are looking for.  I set it up similar to Travis' blog and it is working.

Thanks!

Brett

Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:15 PM