Error message "Sharepoint version requirement for Powerpivot for sharepoint" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to install PowerPivot for sharepoint from couple of days.

I've installed SQL 2012 RC0 by selecting "SQL Server Feature Installation" in Setup Role and Sharepoint 2010 with SP1. The OS Windows Server 2008 R2.

When I try to run SQL SQL 2012 RC0 by selecting "SQL Server Powerpivot for Sharepoint" in Setup Role and click Next, I'm getting Failed message "Sharepoint version requirement for Powerpivot for sharepoint" in Installation window.

Can anyone suggest what is the meaning of this error (if version of share point is wrong, then which one to use). Or what is the solution for this error?

Thanks,

Santosh

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• Are you running SharePoint 2010 ENTERPRISE edition? That's a requirement for SQL Powerpivot for SharePoint. See the following links.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210640(v=sql.110).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210640.aspx

Regards,

Lou Paine

• Edited by LouALOH Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:08 PM
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:06 PM
  • Yes, I'm running SharePoint 2010 ENTERPRISE edition. I've followed the requirements as mentioned in the links. But still facing the issue. Please do let me know how to resolve.

Thanks,

Santosh

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:26 AM
  • Hi Santosh,

Did you configure Sharepoint properly before starting with the PowerPivot installation? Maybe the Powerpivot installation is not able to detect some the services that might be required for the installation to execute correctly. Make sure you are able to configure and open up Central Admin and the default site and then proceed with the PP installation.

Also can you confirm the edition by checking at Central Admin -> Upgrade and Migration -> Convert farm license type. The installation might also not work if you are using Standard edition of Sharepoint.

Regards

Manoj

~Mark as Answer if found correct

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:10 AM