none
SCCM 2012 host process for microsoft configuration manager high CPU RRS feed

• Question

• My SCCM console has become really slow and unusable and it often crashed on me. Check on the main SCCM server and the CPU is constantly maxed out. The host process for Microsoft configuration manager is using up over 40% of the CPU. Any idea what is causing this and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

May we know if you are using Right Click Tools from Recast Software? If yes, please get the updated version, that will fix the problem. 

Please refer to: RCT Community 3.2 slows down SCCM Console. Download RCT Community from here. When installing remember to check: Skip in Console permission check.

Here is a similar thread for your reference:
    Slow console after upgrade to 5.1902.1085.1700

Thanks for your time. 

Best regards,
    Simon Ren

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:19 AM
  • The host process for Microsoft configuration manager is using up over 40% of the CPU.

Which process exactly are you referring to? How do you know that this is unusual? Have you baselined the system previously? Have you looked at other performance metrics for the system like disk queue lengths, page faults, and RAM usage?

and the CPU is constantly maxed out.

That means that something else is taking up the remaining 60%+. What is it?

How many processors are assigned to the site server? Much much RAM? What kind of storage is being used? Is the site server a virtual machine?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:13 PM
  • Hi,

May we know the current status of the question? If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thanks and regards,
    Simon 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 19, 2019 7:40 AM