none
Windows 10 UE-V agent notification (like in Windows 7 agent) , trayIcon and quotas RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

it a real problem when user trying to start multiple processes while UE-V is synchronizing. Windows 7 agent have message "please wait..."

For example, firefox has time to create a clean profile while the original profile is copied to the machine :)

What for setting "TrayIconEnabled:True", in windows 10, does this icon exist?

Additional questions:

How do you control the user's quota? With roaming it was all simple (and can clear them), with UE-V in the profile may be unnecessary (old) data.

What for setting "MaxPackageSizeInBytes"?

Monday, December 24, 2018 6:58 PM

All replies

• as far as i know, the tray icon doesn't exist in windows 10.  I'm not sure why the trayiconenabled setting is still there.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:51 PM
  • The retirement of the UE-V “Loading settings...” Message in Windows 10 is a huge problem in my opinion. It prevents applications to be synced synchronously at first startup especially for 3rd party applications as Firefox. Seems that UE-V under Windows 10 1809 is not a reliable replacement for roaming profiles which is not understandable from a strategic perspective view. We highly appreciate that Microsoft commits itself to make UE-V a business proven solution.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 8:02 PM