none
Software Assurance Expiration Date - Where is it stored? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  Looking for the location of the software assurance expiration date.

I assume it's in the SCCM database somewhere but can't find it.

Why?  Well, when I go to install the 1902 update it pops an error about the date is out of range...it is currently set for 2047, which we put in a while back just for the sake of not having to keep revisiting this every couple years.

We're currently on 1810 5.00.8740.1033 and everything has been fine, but now when trying to install the 1902 update it is bombing out...

Thank you - Rob

Monday, June 17, 2019 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hello Rob,

We could set the Software Assurance Expiration Date in the console, Administration -> Site Configuration -> Sites -> select site -> Hierarchy Settings -> Licensing. In the SQL, the data is stored in the table [dbo.SC_SiteDefinition_Property]. We could try to modify the date in the console and check if it changes in the SQL.

Note: Direct operation of the table is not supported. If there are issues in the SQL such as data format, we should contact Microsoft to fix it.

However, this data is only used as a notification. Microsoft doesn't validate the expiration date we specify, and doesn't use this date for license validation. This value is useful when Configuration Manager periodically checks for new software updates offered online. The Software Assurance license status should be current to be eligible to use these additional updates.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Richard.Knight Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by RobSpangler Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:52 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hello Rob,

We could set the Software Assurance Expiration Date in the console, Administration -> Site Configuration -> Sites -> select site -> Hierarchy Settings -> Licensing. In the SQL, the data is stored in the table [dbo.SC_SiteDefinition_Property]. We could try to modify the date in the console and check if it changes in the SQL.

Note: Direct operation of the table is not supported. If there are issues in the SQL such as data format, we should contact Microsoft to fix it.

However, this data is only used as a notification. Microsoft doesn't validate the expiration date we specify, and doesn't use this date for license validation. This value is useful when Configuration Manager periodically checks for new software updates offered online. The Software Assurance license status should be current to be eligible to use these additional updates.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Richard.Knight Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by RobSpangler Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:52 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Ray,

That's exactly what I was looking for!  I did an update on the record to change the date and...voila!  The GUI is happy once again!

The GUI wouldn't let me change the date.  I would get an out of range error whenever I went into the licensing tab...

Thank you - Rob

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:54 PM