none
Adding weather to Gantt Chart RRS feed

All replies

• Kpayne,

I assume you are concerned about weather delays. Like other unknowns (e.g. material delivery delays, unexpected resource availability, etc.) weather delays are best handled as they occur. Schedule planning is always dynamic, it's just the nature of the beast.

However, if you really feel a need to pre-plan anticipated weather, you can incorporate non-working days into the Project schedule, or if your schedule is a mixture of inside and outside work, create a custom calendar that includes anticipated non-working periods as the Task calendar of outdoor tasks.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, January 23, 2020 4:45 PM
  • John,

Thank you for the reply. I agree that they should be incorporated as the occur. 

I use dermatological reports for previous years to give me an idea of what I can expect and then adjust Based on actual data. Of course the greatest impact will be outside work. Never thought about the idea of custom calendar. 

Thanks

Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:36 PM
  • kpayne,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback. But wow, I had no idea skin disorders were a factor in future weather conditions :-)

If I answered your question, please consider marking my response as the answer.

John

Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:57 PM