none
The parameter 'Owner' has been deprecated and may be removed in a future release. RRS feed

• Question

• SCCM 1902
    The New-CMApplication gives warning:

The parameter 'Owner' has been deprecated and may be removed in a future release.
    The parameter 'SupportContact' has been deprecated and may be removed in a future release.

What do you recommend?

with regards

Lumir Jasny

Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Lumir Jasny,

Thanks for posting in TechNet.

I just tested it in my 1906 lab. The parameters "-owner" and "-supportcontact" are still supported in "New-CMApplication" and "Set-Application" despite having same warning.

I didn't find more information about it, so it's hard to tell when they would be removed as stated. At least, we could safely use them in SCCM CB 1902 and 1906.

And note that SCCM has still fixed a bug and introduced some changes for these two parameters of "New-CMApplication", refer to this.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Hello Ray,

thank you for the test on 1902, my point is development of a tool which use the New-CMApplication. The longer the tool Works without modification the better.

So, I am wondering that if they say A why they does not say B as well.

So the
    A: some parameters are deprecated
    B: please use this parameters instead. (Where is the information what paramters have to be used instead)

with regards
    Lumir

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:15 AM