Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 not compatable RRS feed

• Question

• Installed Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 on my Windows 7 Dell Inspiron laptop. Unable to get program to load. Tried by right click and selected run by administrator as a suggestion someone posted and nothing happens. I can see the program files are loaded but I can't get it to load. I'm wondering if my security firewall is not permitting this to run. 
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:59 PM

All replies

• Microsoft/Windows Flight Simulator requires the installation from the Microsoft web site.The program is larger than a cd can handle,its to large..So,download the install ,right click on it/properties/set to windows 7 in compatability tab.If the OS doesn't allow,try control panel/administrator tools/event viewer/expand system/open each one at a time locate the error/warning/properties/see what the OS says.

Also,Flight simulator gets installed thru Windows Installer,installer,to check,in cmd type: services.msc  in msc scroll to Win Installer/double click/set to Auto start,start service,exit,do same with Windows Modules,exit,restart pc,retry the installation...And it is compatable with Win XP & more current OS

Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:52 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 1, 2019 8:41 AM