Product Key RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded my Windows 10 to the latest build version. My product key does not work anymore and I can't activate my windows due to it.

I already tried the this key CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K it didn't work.

What should I do to be able to activate my windows 10?

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:52 PM

All replies

• There is no way to activate before July 29. All pre-release product keys published earlier for builds of Windows 10 Insider Preview have been deactivated and will no longer activate any Preview builds, including Build 10240.

You should roll back to your Windows 7 (sp1) or 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 after 7/29.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/updated-activate-windows-watermark-on-windows-10/cae92439-f115-45ea-a109-14332c5f56ec

Friday, July 24, 2015 2:12 PM
  • I already tried the this key CKFK9-QNGF2-D34FM-99QX2-8XC4K it didn't work.

What should I do to be able to activate my windows 10?

You quoted an old Enterprise product key applicable to 10158, 10159, 10162, and 10166.

Assuming then you are using the Enterprise version.

There is a new product key for build 10240. HOWEVER, it won't work for you either.

Please read the following............

excerpt:Source

If you are seeing the “Activate Windows” watermark on Build 10240, please first understand that all pre-release product keys published earlier for builds of Windows 10 Insider Preview have been deactivated and will no longer activate any Preview builds, including Build 10240.  This will not impact any devices that were activated in the past using those product keys. To check your activation status, go to Settings, choose Update & Security, and select Activation.

There are steps you may be able to take to solve your activation issue, depending on which edition of Insider Preview you have installed.

Windows 10 Insider Preview, Enterprise Edition

1. You’ll need to activate with your organization’s Volume License keys (KMS or MAK) or VL keys acquired through MSDN subscription.  Please post any questions related to Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview in the TechNet Forum. 

2. If you installed the Enterprise Edition, but are not part of an organization with a Volume License, you will not be able to activate. Please revert Windows 7 or 8.1, and upgrade to Windows after it’s released on July 29 by reserving your copy of Windows 10.

Friday, July 24, 2015 4:48 PM
  • So if I just got around to installing build 10162 last week, I can't activate it any longer because I missed the proverbial boat. Does that mean I'm SOL because I can't activate the key and therefor no longer have the ability to receive build 10240? What are my alternatives if that's the case?  I installed build 10162 on a new hard drive, and have no intention of utilizing the old hard drive with Win 7 on it.

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:11 PM
  • So if I just got around to installing build 10162 last week, I can't activate it any longer because I missed the proverbial boat. Does that mean I'm SOL because I can't activate the key and therefor no longer have the ability to receive build 10240? What are my alternatives if that's the case?  I installed build 10162 on a new hard drive, and have no intention of utilizing the old hard drive with Win 7 on it.

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.

Microsoft has told Insiders that they can stay with the Insider Preview program and continue to receive new builds.

So, you can wait for a new build release in SLOW ring. Usually the ISO will also be released at the same time with its own product key.
    When that happens, you can download the ISO and do a Clean Install. Make sure you write down the product key.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:22 PM
  • Thanks David, appreciate the quick reply.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:39 PM