Get Service Status connection failure error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have Orchestrator 2019 with two simple test runbooks.

The first:

• initialize data (with string fields Computer Name and Service name)
    • Get service status (computer and service names are from initialize data). Under security tab I've got domain administrator credentials

The second:

• initialize data (with string fields Computer Name and Service name)
    • invoke runbook (just start the first runbook with computer and service names fields from initialize data). Security mode: use the security of the account assigned to the service (I've tried to put domain administrator account as well)

OK, let's run the first runbook. Everything works well for a remote server. I can even create a service request for SCSM and it works well too. Nice!

So now I want to run the second runbook, which should run the first. So what? In that case I've got the error "connection failure"

Is it possible to run those activities (Get service / Restart service) from another runbook?

Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you must specify the account like contoso\administrator in tab Security.

Regards,

Stefan

More and news about System Center at stillcool.de and sc-orchestartor.eu .

• Marked as answer by Alexx_B Friday, August 21, 2020 8:21 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2020 2:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

If the first Runbook can be triggered from Web Services (and Service Manager) it should also work if triggered from "Invoke Runbook" Activity from the second Runbook. There I can see no difference.

If you put an Account in the Securtiy tab (domain\account) from the "Invoke Runbook" Activity this account must be member of the local group OrchestratorSystemGroup of the Rubook Server(s).

Regards,

Stefan

Friday, August 14, 2020 8:53 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

yes, runbook can be triggered from web services and service manager, but get service / restart service activities fall. 

Right now my test setup is even shorter. I have one runbook with "Get service" activity. Under the security tab I use domain admin account. This account is also the member of the "OrchestratorSystemGroup" group

If I start the runbook, I've got an error for Get Service activity. This is because activity use SCO service credentials, not the account that I specified. 

• Edited by Alexx_B Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:06 AM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2020 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

you must specify the account like contoso\administrator in tab Security.

Regards,

Stefan

• Marked as answer by Alexx_B Friday, August 21, 2020 8:21 AM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2020 2:06 PM
    Answerer
  • Stefan, thank you!

It works now

Friday, August 21, 2020 8:20 AM
  • Hi,

You're welcome! Thanks for marking the answer to this thread.

Only, if you put an Account in the Securtiy tab (domain\account) from the "Invoke Runbook" Activity this account must be member of the local group OrchestratorSystemGroup of the Rubook Server(s).

Regards,

Stefan

Friday, August 21, 2020 11:34 AM
    Answerer