none
SQL custom query 'watchdog' with email alerts RRS feed

• Question

• Good day, was directed here by the Twitter support team.

I'm looking to see if there is any functionality under the Azure portal to setup custom Microsoft SQL db queries that will run at a specified frequency (hourly, daily, etc), to check data for certain conditions, and if they are met, send an email alert to a specified list of people.

A simple example, would be if I had a table of banking transactions, I could setup a select query to get the last 4 days of banking totals, and if they exceed $1000, to send an email alert.

I understand there are some options within Power BI, but I'm looking at this to be performed directly on the database without using Power BI as an added layer.  The existing server monitoring/alert functions with Azure appear to be only for CPU utilization, performance loads, etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Friday, November 29, 2019 9:13 PM

All replies

• Hello Jeffrey,

Welcome to the MSDN forums and thank you for your interest in Azure services.

Azure SQL database doesn't have a functionality to send scheduled emails using custom queries.

You can easily set it up using a Logic app in a few minutes. Please check the tutorials here and here

Do let us know if you have further questions and we will be glad to help.

Saturday, November 30, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer(s) helped.

If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know. 

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:45 PM