VS 2019 + VSAE 2019: Must disconnect specified child from current parent Visual before attaching to new parent Visual. RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Visual Studio 2019 (16.5.4) and Visual Studio Authoring Extension 1.4.0 (1.10.214.0) which was published on 04/22/2020. When I'm trying to edit XML Configuration I see the error message "Must disconnect specified child from current parent Visual before attaching to new parent Visual.". I rolled back to VS 2017 and there all works fine but I don't want to use two versions of Visual Studio. Somebody know how to resolve the issue?

Vladimir Zelenov | http://systemcenter4all.wordpress.com

Monday, April 27, 2020 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If we create a new one, instead of editing the existing configuration, will this occur?

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2020 1:33 AM
  • Yes. The error occurs even if I created a new project. I saw the same problem 2 years ago in VS 2017. Also VSAE x86(!) recently worked fine but now it has this error too. I think it caused by latest update for VS 2019.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 6:33 AM
  • Hi Vladimir,

Thank you very much for the valuable input. Totally agree with you, it seems this is caused by the product feature itself. At such situation, it seems there is little trouble-shooting steps to take from the aspect of operations manager trouble.

We may visit the developer community to Report a problem or Suggest a feature. 

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hope the above information helps.

Regards,

Alex Zhu
    -----------------------------------------------
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:14 AM
  • I have the same issue. Could someone from Microsoft provide any update on this case?

Friday, June 19, 2020 10:20 AM