SSA Check reports WWW unnecessary on Report Server RRS feed

• Question

• Yo, I wonder if anyone has ventured across this one.  I have just setup a fresh FCS server.  Everything is working like a champ so far.  The only thing is that Security State Assessment Check states that 'World Wide Web Publishing' service is not necessary on the Reporting Server for FCS itself.  I am sure that if I want to access and review reports from FCS it is absolutely necessary!  I knew what would happen but just for grins I did turn it off... and report page go bye-bye.

I was reading some of the other posts and learned that currently SSA is not configurable, however using policy tricks the SSA engine will ingore certain settings if it finds something being applied via policy.

I really do not want to create a bunch of GPO's just to satisfy SSA health checking.  Does anyone else have a better recommendation/tip/trick?  Or should I wait until next version?
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

As you know, The parameters of SSA checks are not configurable. You cannot change which services the Unnecessary Services check identifies as possible vulnerabilities. Client Security does not support custom SSA checks. You cannot create checks or use third-party checks.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb418876.aspx

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:44 AM