none
Summary tasks changes wrongly to Milestones RRS feed

• Question

• So I have copied a project and did some deleting of tasks.

Once done the summary bar still shows but once I safe the project and then re opens it, all of a sudden my summaries becomes milestones and I can't seem to get the task summary back. Any idea why this happens?

I am using MS Project Online.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:40 AM

Answers

• Andre --

I just learned from my contacts within Microsoft that the behavior you are seeing is a confirmed bug.  A fix is currently in the works, but I do not know the date when the fix will be released.  To resolve the problem, save the project as an XML file, and then close the XML file.  Reopen the XML file and then create a new project in the Import Wizard.  Save the new file over the old one.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:54 PM

All replies

• Andre Roets,

Take a look at this post. I think Dale's response answers your question.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/start-and-finish-dates-not-rolling-up-from-sub/06887bc4-1ae6-4738-837d-3782fa568988

John

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:49 PM
  • Andre --

I just learned from my contacts within Microsoft that the behavior you are seeing is a confirmed bug.  A fix is currently in the works, but I do not know the date when the fix will be released.  To resolve the problem, save the project as an XML file, and then close the XML file.  Reopen the XML file and then create a new project in the Import Wizard.  Save the new file over the old one.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 4:54 PM
  • Hi all.

Thanks. Yes seems like a bug. I tried it at home on 2016 with no issues.

Andre

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:01 AM