none
UE-V service not starting : the storage control blocks were destroyed RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

We're facing an issue on starting UE-V. The service is set on automatic startup but it does not run. After starting it (manually), we immediately (after 2 seconds) receive the advertisement that the service cannot start with service-specific error code 7.

In the eventviewer, it gives the following error: "The User Experience Virtualization Service service terminated with the following service-specific error: The storage control blocks were destroyed." We've already tried to register an uev-template manually and reboot but this does not fix our issue.

Does someone have a fix for this?

Kind regards

Niels

PS We're on Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1703 

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• I have the same issue.  UEV service on a new windows 10 Ent x64 1703 was disabled.  Enabled, then tried to start.  Event log keeps giving the same above error; "storage control blocks were destroyed".

How do we fix this?  Can someone from MS answer?

Thanks.

Holt

Saturday, August 26, 2017 2:08 AM
  • Same issue

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:39 PM
  • I finally fixed it:-

I enabled it using local group Policy and restarted machine twice to fix the issue. GPO used is as below:-

1.Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft User Experience Virtualization.

2.Run Enable UEV

Harjeet Makkar

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 7:14 PM
  • Hi Har Harjeet,

Can't follow your guide. Can you be more specific?

Thanks

Guy

Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:12 PM
  • Hi Guy,

Open gpedit.msc from cmd on local machine. then browse to path :-

Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft User Experience Virtualization.

Enable UEV policy

Please let me know if its still not clear, provide me your email id & ill send you screenshots.

Harjeet Makkar

Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:41 PM
  • https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/ue-v/uev-getting-started#step-3-enable-and-configure-the-ue-v-service-on-user-devices

"set-executionpolicy unrestricted" in powershell as administrator

"Enable-UEV" in powershell this will enable the service and stop you from getting errors when you gpupdate. 

use windows 10 education - UEV is not supported in pro or ent as we have tried - we have not tried unlock this feature so it is a guess that it does not work with pro or ent

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:59 PM