Error 25019: The installation program could not creat the data store.. with SQL 2005 Full RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi, installing the 4.5 beta, the Virtual Application server setup gets most of the way through before crashing with the 25019 error, i.e. created database but no tables etc.  This is with the full version of SQL 2005 and occurs with either an existing or new database.  The access rights of the WA user should be sufficent - any ideas or suggestions welcome!
    Friday, December 7, 2007 4:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

Since this is 4.5 Beta and the servers are NOT in production can you try running the following scripts. They are intended to address renaming issues of the SQL server.

*No Gaurantees expressed or implied*

Please have your DBA run the following 2 SQL commands:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

select @@servername   

select SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName')

If the “select @@ servername” and “select SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName')” return different names then please run the following

Please have your DBA run the following script to fix it, and stop/start the sql service.

sp_dropserver N'old_name', N'droplogins'

go

sp_addserver N'new_name', N'local'

go

*** Use the below at your own risk, we do not make any warranties ***

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:50 PM

All replies

•  

On the server were you are installing the Softgridserver make sure that under regional everything is set to english.

I am not sure this is the solution but give it a try.

BR

Pierre Eriksson

Mindgrape

• Proposed as answer by Kari O Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:39 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2007 10:03 AM
  • Didn't change the errors.. (regional US english etc or UK)

Thanks anyway-- anyone else seen this?

Friday, December 7, 2007 7:01 PM
  • I'm seeing the problem as well.  Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2005.  I haven't had any luck fixing it.  Looking at the install log, the error is:

[2008-01-03 13:00:49] (5196:4352) SQL state: ``42000'', Native: 8197, Text: ``[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The object 'file_type_actions' does not exist or is invalid for this operation.''.
    [2008-01-03 13:00:49] (5196:4352) :Tongue TiedQLExecDirectW error 0xffffffff.
    [2008-01-03 13:00:49] (5196:4352) Failed to execute SQL ``/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------- *\
        Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

File: tr_d_file_type_actions.sql

Author:  Shane C. Marshall
        Created: 04/15/2005

Description:

When an application is deleted, all the associated actions are removed
            by the cascade delete.  As a result, some file types are orphaned (no
            actions are left ***
    (log is truncated)
    Thursday, January 3, 2008 6:07 PM
  • Hi Joe,

Is SQL on the same server as the VAS? Are there any SQL events logged in the Application log or the SQL logs that may give us more information to go on?

Thanks,

Michelle

Friday, January 4, 2008 9:24 PM
  • The SQL server is on the same server as the attempted VAS install.  Here is the only log from the system Application log:

Product: Microsoft System Center Virtual Application Server -- Error 25109.The installation program could not create the configuration data store. Please see the installation log file for more information.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    0000: 7b 35 46 37 38 36 32 44   {5F7862D
    0008: 41 2d 30 36 32 35 2d 34   A-0625-4
    0010: 32 31 41 2d 38 30 42 34   21A-80B4
    0018: 2d 30 31 36 41 30 46 36   -016A0F6
    0020: 38 46 45 44 31 7d         8FED1} 

The SQL server logs start with "Starting up database 'SOFTGRID'" and the last entry is "Setting database option RECOVERY to RECMODEL_70BACKCOMP for database SOFTGRID" and then that's it.  No errors that would indicate why it failed.

The only other piece of information I'd been able to find was the snippet I posted previously that I got from the VAS install log.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Monday, January 7, 2008 3:16 PM
  • Hi Joe,

I just saw something about this 25109 error come across. The solution that person found was in reinstalling SQL. Apparently their SQL server machine account had been "lost" from AD somehow.

Brian is out on Paternity leave but he may be able to chime in when he returns.

/Sean

Monday, January 7, 2008 6:20 PM
  • I reinstalled SQL Server 2005 on the machine and still got the same error, although the install log looks different.  Is there an address that I can send the install log to to help out further?

Thanks,
    Joe
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Hi Joe,

Can you post excerpts from the log here?

/Sean

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:33 PM
  • Hi Joe,

Since this is 4.5 Beta and the servers are NOT in production can you try running the following scripts. They are intended to address renaming issues of the SQL server.

select @@servername   

If the “select @@ servername” and “select SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName')” return different names then please run the following

Please have your DBA run the following script to fix it, and stop/start the sql service.

go

go

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 5:50 PM
  • I'm experiencing this exact same issue in our demonstration environment.  Orginally, I was installing to a remote instance of SQL Server 2005 SP2 and thought I could resolve the issue with a local instance of SQL Express SP2 running on the same machine as VAS (SoftGrid).

The error remains in either case of a remote instance of SQL Server 2005 SP2 or SQL Express SP2 locally. 

The SOFTGRID db is created but then it fails to configure the data store. 

I have tried both suggestions in this thread - neither resolved the issue so far.

Anyone out there resolve this issue yet? 

Thx,
    Gaylen

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 5:29 PM
  • I found the resolution to this issue...at least in my case.

The error message was misleading me to think it the issue was related to SQL Server.  Whereas the error was triggered by what security group I specified during the installation wizard.  I used the Built-In Administrators security group which is a problem when the server belongs to a domain I guess.  I had to specify the Domain Admins security group instead and the wizard completed the installation just as planned.

Thanks to Jason Carreiro for assisting me on this issue!

Gaylen

• Proposed as answer by DaniGO83 Saturday, July 10, 2010 6:20 PM
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:51 PM
  •  SeanDo-MSFT wrote:

Hi Joe,

select @@servername   

go

go

Encountered the Error 25019 and i resolved it with these queries on SQL. The server was renamed in the past. Thank you!!

Friday, March 21, 2008 2:19 PM
  • Dear All;

I am stuck with this error since 2 days I tried all these possible solutions:

• Using Domain Admins group
    • Enabling the SA login
    • Giving the Domain Admins group same rights as the SA account (and even more)
    • Using an existing database
    • Determining the SQL server
    • Trying the script ; the name in both cases was the same

Unlike other users, it seems that the database was created successfully. I can see many tables. However; this error occurred just before the end of the setup process and prevent me from continuing.

I am using a virtual machine (domain controller), windows 2003 server R2 with SP2 and SQL server 2005 Enterprise with SP2.

Regards;

Alomari

Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:14 PM
  • I was also specifying the Adminstrators group and getting the 25019 error.  Changing it to Domain Admins resolved the issue.  Thanks for posting.

Ben

Monday, August 4, 2008 4:12 PM
  • I too am receiving the 25109 error.  I originally was using the Administrators group, changed it to the Domain Admins group after reading this thread and still receive the error.  I am attempting to use a remove SQL 2005 SP2 server as the local 2005 Express SP2 SQL server will not appear as nor respond if I attempt to manually point the install to it.

Anyone have an other ideas?

Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:03 PM
  • Well, it was my oversight as I was doing the same as a previous poster.  I too was pointing at the local Administrators group and not the Domain Administrators group, which is where the Admin is located I was logging in as.  I am now receiving a 25108 error:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MsiInstaller
    Date:          8/23/2008 8:01:53 AM
    Event ID:      10005
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          DOMAIN\administrator
    Computer:      servername.domain.ext
    Description:
    Product: Microsoft System Center Application Virtualization Management Server -- Error 25108.The installation program could not connect to the configuration data store. Please see the installation log file for more information.

I have matched the sa account and the domain Administrator in SQL.

I am running Windows 2008 Enterprise, SQL 2005 Express SP2 (mixed mode) and attempting to install the Management Server for MS Application Virtualization 4.5Beta.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:11 PM
  •  

Had similar error today. Found this old post, but was not able to find a sollution.

Used the following then SG install.

Admin (user account)   - administrator in domain.

Domain Admins    - Choosed under install as group.

On the SQL Server i added  admin and / Domain Admins with DB owner rights on the Master DB. .After that Install worked..

Friday, December 5, 2008 9:27 PM
  • This appears to be realted to the server renaming issue mentioned above....

We ran into this today and found a way around it. We think this was the cause of the problem:  

We had previously had a 4.5 server, running in a VM, that we trashed - removed from domain - deleted....

We built a new VM but used the same name as the original server.

Every attempt to install the 4.5 Management Server on this new VM failed with the 25109 error.

We got it to work after finding that the SQL server had retained the machine account for the original server (which was the server name with a $ appended to it) - remember this was the same name as the new server. There must be a GUID or SID associated with the old machine. I'm not a SQL guru, so maybe someone can confirm this.

After we deleted the references to this machine name from the SQL server and tried installing the Management Server on our server VM, everything worked perfectly.

Has anyone else seen this before?

I don't know if this will help in all cases - but it's one more thing to look at...

Jim
    • Proposed as answer by Eduardo Leal Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:00 PM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:49 PM
  • pls assist i have same error - when you say 'changing it to Domain Admins' are you referring to the installation process of App-V mgt server or SQL?  I get the 25109 error when running App-V setup and haven't encountered the option to change the group for the install?
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:00 PM
  • Hey guys,

i´ve got the same error.

1. step: Install with Group Administrators --> Error
    2. step: Install with Domain-Admins --> Error
    3. step: Remove the created database in the sql server
    4. step: Install with Domain-Admins --> No Error

this works!

Greetz

Marc ;)
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:44 AM
  •  I encountered same scenario as Jim..  This error is not just to do with using the Domain Admin account it is definetely related to Machine acccout orphaned in the DB amongst others.. Thanks Jim

Thursday, January 28, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Giving <DOMAIN>\Administrator db_owner permission to the MASTER database worked for me. I was installing the application while logged on as <DOMAIN>\Administrator.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:26 PM
  • Hi guys,

i've got the same error message.
    all your answers are good, but they dont helped me out.

before i installed app-v server, i installed win2003 srv SP2 and all updates that was available.

i fixed the problem follows:

install win2003srv sp1
    install IIS
    install framework 3.5 sp1 alone
    reg framework 2 in iis
    use group domain-admins

and all worked fine...

after all i do now my updates (its running now, hope nothing happend to my appv :) )

greetings,
    Markus
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:46 AM
  • Hello, i also got the same error and would like to throw some info out there that can hopefully clarify.  I created a service account.  This account is an admin account but not a domain admin account.  This ID is the DB owner on our sql server, however i was still getting the error.  Our Sql admin added a role, sysadmin.  Once she added this role, i was able to get through the install.  I then asked about what the others had done in the above posts by switching to a domain admin account.  The domain admin accounts are assigned a role of sysadmin on DBs.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 7:36 PM
  • Hi folks,

The Account installing the Server must be a member of the App-V Administrators group provided in Setup. I suggest some modifications in database can only be performed by the App-V Administrators. Assuming I'am true, it is a database security issue as well as it has something to do with group membership in the App-V Administrators group.

kind regards,

Andreas

Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:45 PM
  • Hello,

I got the exact same error, however the Event viewer Log said something like this.

Product: Microsoft System Center Application Virtualization Management Server -- Error 25109.The installation program could not create the configuration data store. Please see the installation log file for more information.

Followed by.....

Cannot create file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.INST1\MSSQL\DATA\APPVIRT.mdf' because it already exists. Change the file path or the file name, and retry the operation.

All I had to do was to re-run the setup and in the course change the name of the database, it worked fine. I could also have deleted the MDF files and got it working.

Event viewer rocks!

Monday, July 18, 2011 5:13 AM
  • I got the same error but this workaround helped: Took a fresh install of W2008 R2 server and let the system (and user) locales to be in their default, English, as Pierre Eriksson mentioned earlier in this thread.

All of my previous fresh installs of W2008 R2 servers did end up with 25019 error when the server locales were Finnish. so, the sympton and workaround were the same as in an early Hyper-V beta release. Neither it allowed the windows system locale to be Finnish.

My configuration was as follows: W2008 R2 64-bit, SQL Server Express 2008 64-bit and App-V Management server got from MDOP 2011 R2 DVD.

Regards, Kari

• Proposed as answer by Kari O Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:53 PM
    • Edited by Kari O Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:54 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:53 PM