none
Deploy BizTalk 2016 applications using deployment framework for BizTalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All Experts,

I am working on a BizTalk migration project from BizTalk 2013 to BizTalk 2016. My solution is migrated and it is build successfully. When I am trying to deploy the project using BizTalk Deployment Framework I am getting below error.

Can someone please tell me how to resolve the error. and what error actually it is.

Thanks, Rohit Gaikwad BizTalk Developer

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:31 PM

All replies

• Please post the text of the error as images sometimes don't show up (as is the case now for me), they are also not searchable for others facing the same issue.
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:52 PM
  • HI Colin,

Please find below error message.

DeploySSO:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk 5.7\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileImport.exe" "MDR.Common" /settingsFile:
      "C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\Exported_LocalSettings.xml" /userGroupName:"BizTalk Application Users" /adminGroupName:"BizTalk Server Administrators"
      Affiliate application 'MDR.Common' already exists.
      Error persisting to SSO:
      System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0002A1F): Cannot perform encryption or decryption because the secret is not available from the master secret server. See the event log (on computer '******') for related errors.

at Microsoft.BizTalk.SSOClient.Interop.ISSOConfigStore.SetConfigInfo(String applicationName, String identifier, IPropertyBag properties)
         at SSOSettingsFileManager.SSOHelper.SaveConfigInfo(String affiliateApplication, String settings)
         at SSOSettingsFileManager.SettingsFileImport.SaveSettingsToSSO(String affiliateAppName, String inSettings, String userGroupName, String adminGroupName)
         at SSOSettingsFileManager.SettingsFileImport.Main(String[] args)
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\DeploymentFrameworkForBizTalk\5.0\BizTalkDeploymentFramework.targets(1752,5): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Deployment Framework for BizTalk 5.7\Framework\DeployTools\SSOSettingsFileImport.exe" "MDR.Common" /settingsFile:"C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\EnvironmentSettings\Exported_LocalSettings.xml" /userGroupName:"BizTalk Application Users" /adminGroupName:"BizTalk Server Administrators"" exited with code -1. [C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj]
    Done Building Project "C:\Users\rgaikwad\Documents\Source\wave1\MDR.Common\MDR.Common.Deployment\Deployment.btdfproj" (Deploy target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:53 AM
  • Looks like it failing to deploy to SSO due to MDR.Common already being there.  If so you may need to delete it that manually first (after backing it up first).

Are you actually needing to deploy the settings from the settings file to SSO? e.g. Is your code using something from there?  If not set  Set the IncludeSSO to False in the btdfproj file.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:18 AM
  • HI Colin,

This issue is resolved. I just reconfigured the BizTalk configuration and this error was resolved. I am now facing another issue can you please help me in that.

here is the link : https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3bf4b1bf-0bc0-4342-81c5-9a97096f3d23/deploy-biztalk-2016-applications-using-deployment-framework-for-biztalk?forum=biztalkgeneral#3bf4b1bf-0bc0-4342-81c5-9a97096f3d23

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:41 AM