none
IT support Scenarios RRS feed

• Question

• I need all the input and suggestions I can get on this.  I have a tough time trying to detail as briefly as possible, my answers to questions like this.  Everyone knows there is more than one "technical" way to skin a cat when working in an IT Support role. BUT, I want to present the best answer possible and I need it to "gel" and make sense to an HR rep that may know NOTHING about the topic of which they may be asking me!  Right off the top, I am thinking I need to go into  <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="38" id="38">AD</g> (Active Directory Management Tools) and poke around concerning the user accounts.  Please help!

Scenario:

A flood of tickets enters the ticketing system queue stating that company employees in the branch office are unable to log into their Windows computers or log into the SharePoint team site. How does one respond?  What is the method of troubleshooting and what do you believe to be the root cause.  

Sunday, December 17, 2017 1:16 AM

All replies

• Hi ebonyprincess.

To me, it looks like you have to start checking for authentication problems in your environment (maybe something is affecting the domain controllers), since users are experiencing authentication problems when accessing their machine before logging in to SharePoint sites.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Monday, December 18, 2017 1:33 PM