none
Active-X Internet Explorer 11 Package Inconsistencies RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have two web sites that each use a different version of ActiveX component, so I am looking at virtualizing each site.  I have created two packages using the “Add on or Plugin” option when sequencing.  On the Windows 10 desktops that I have tested the packages on, both pages successfully load with the Active X component installed and they both can co-exist on the desktop.  This was delivered via SCCM as an available user deployment installed through the Software Center.

    When I added the same packages to Server 2016 using “Add-AppVClientPackage \\ApplicationPath\Application.AppV” and “Publish-AppVCLientPacakge -Name ApplicationName -Version Version -Global” the applications both prompt to have the ActiveX components installed.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why I am seeing these inconsistencies and is there a different way I should prepare the packages?

    Thanks!

    Scott


    Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:47 PM

All replies

  • ActiveX registration, by default, is published externally when you publish the package.

    It might be possible to manually edit the internal AppXManifest file to remove the Active Extension.  This would disable the external publishing and yet keep the registration active when running inside the bubble.

    The process would be to open the package for edit, go to the advanced tab of the Sequencer editor, export the manifest, edit it, import the manifest back in and save the package off.  I have a free tool called AppXManifestEditor (www.tmurgent.com) to help with the edit.


    App-V MVP & CTP Fellow. Author of AppV books: PowerShell with App-V 5, The Application Book, & Window Caching (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books)

    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:35 PM