When Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1 is going to be available? RRS feed

• Question

• What the timeline on this and is there an alternative path?

Binding you through life - Se serve, marque!!!

Thursday, September 12, 2013 1:48 AM

Answers

• I guess in October when 8.1 is available to the general public. Do you need it now as developer?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Hi,

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1 is not released yet, Please wait, It would be released after Windows 8.1 released I believe.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:17 PM

All replies

• I guess in October when 8.1 is available to the general public. Do you need it now as developer?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Hi,

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1 is not released yet, Please wait, It would be released after Windows 8.1 released I believe.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, September 15, 2013 1:17 PM
  • Are there any options to get it a s a developer?
    Monday, September 16, 2013 1:58 AM
  • why do you need it?

Monday, September 16, 2013 4:52 AM
  • I am looking for this as well. It appears pretty much all windows 8.1 app games and Skype require the media features? I am not sure but all I know is that when I try and open any of these apps they close immediately. Other apps e.g. Bing ones work fine. I saw a post that describes exactly the same issue that I have in Windows 8 and the thing that fixed it was installing the media pack, as it wasn't included with N and KN. Unfortunately I could do without reinstalling the non N and KN editions to test this out. Any other suggestions welcome!
    Monday, September 16, 2013 5:12 PM
  • Hi,

You need it to install Zune and try your Windows Phone App in a real telephone.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Why don't you use the normal Editions from MSDN?

Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:45 PM
  • Hi,

yeah, it would be great to get it as developer. I am using a library that depends on it and am very unhappy since I can't use it right now. With officially having released it, it would be great to make the pack available also!

Best Regards!

Monday, September 30, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Will it be available soon? 8.1 release date is today, I think.

Kthxbai

Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:46 AM