none
MDOP 2015 ISO Creation Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Installed MDOP 2015 on Windows 10 with the latest Windows 10 ADK but I keep getting the follow error during media creation:

The running command stopped because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: Error applying Dart Tools to the image mounted to: 'C:\Users\rober\AppData\Local\Temp\DaRT_Mount_2015.11.26.09.55.09'. Package is not applicable: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\WinPE_OCs\WinPE-FMAPI.cab'.

UPDATE - I solved my issue by uninstalling and reinstalling the ADK and the problem disappeared. I am still unsure of the root cause, but the problem is solved.

• Edited by RetiredRecon Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:19 PM Problem Solved
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 5:12 PM

Answers

• I am glad that reinstallation of the ADK appears to have resolved your problem.

If in the future you find that like in this scenario, you discover a resolution to your own issue, please post a reply to your original post and mark that as an answer. Creating another post and marking it as an answer will help other users who might have the same issue quickly see your resolution and make it easier for them to solve the problem.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    MDOP for IT Pros at TechNet

Monday, December 7, 2015 4:40 PM

All replies

• I am glad that reinstallation of the ADK appears to have resolved your problem.

If in the future you find that like in this scenario, you discover a resolution to your own issue, please post a reply to your original post and mark that as an answer. Creating another post and marking it as an answer will help other users who might have the same issue quickly see your resolution and make it easier for them to solve the problem.

Brandon
    Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
    MDOP for IT Pros at TechNet

Monday, December 7, 2015 4:40 PM
  • I too am getting the same error message.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADK...but that did not work.  I have tried creating the ISO on a desktop and laptop.  Same error on both.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:08 PM
  • I had this issue as well, and found it to be a problem with the Windows 10 1511 version of the ADK. When I removed that, and installed the RTM version instead, it worked fine.

You can get the Win10 RTM ADK here:

http://   download.microsoft.com/download/8/1/9/8197FEB9-FABE-48FD-A537-7D8709586715/adk/adksetup.exe

And you can get more info on that problem here:

https://   blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgrteam/2015/11/20/issue-with-the-windows-adk-for-windows-10-version-1511/

(remove blank spaces in the URLs)

HTH

JimInOz

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 3:28 AM
  • I am have the same problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ADK with no luck.  I have tried different version to see if that would help without success.  I am running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.576).  I download the ADK from https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/windows-assessment-deployment-kit and select the version 1607ADK.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
    Friday, January 6, 2017 8:45 PM
  • Also having this problem with version 1507 and 1511.  Can someone from MS please let us know when this bug is going to be fixed?  Or at least tell us which version/build should work and where we can acquire that media?  Thanks.
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Thank you.. that worked!
    Friday, July 28, 2017 12:42 AM
  • Also having this problem with version 1507 and 1511.  Can someone from MS please let us know when this bug is going to be fixed?  Or at least tell us which version/build should work and where we can acquire that media?  Thanks.

You have to install both Windows ADK and Windows PE add-on for the ADK to generate DaRT image.

Two separate downloads on that page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

MCTS

• Proposed as answer by Michael Gotch Friday, September 6, 2019 10:37 AM
    Friday, September 6, 2019 10:36 AM