none
OTCUpdater 8.2.0.0 always gets stuck on particular update RRS feed

  • Question

  • I've come across this strange issue where upon updating our Windows Phones to 10.0.15063.297 on our Lumia 640 LTE(RM-1072_1033) devices, this error occurs:

    "Error during serialization or deserialization using the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The length of the string exceeds th"

    Cuts off at the end unfortunately. I've tested this on two machines and they both arrive at the same result. I understand Windows Phone support is due to end at the end of this year but until then we've got to continue using them whilst keeping them up to date. Has anyone else seen this issue before?

    Cheers


    • Edited by El Jameo Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:33 AM Extra info
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:31 AM

All replies

  • Hi El Jameo.

    I've never faced such an issue every time I've upgraded my Lumia 830 or my Lumia 950.
    If you cannot complete the update's installation, you could try using the Windows Device Recovery Tool.

    Bye.


    Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

    Friday, May 3, 2019 3:49 PM
  • Neither did I up until recently, was working fine before. I'm thinking a Windows Update may have caused it.

    Also yes I use the thor2.exe to flash all the phones with a different FFU file before updating, which has never caused me an issue before. I haven't changed owt to my setup and it's just stopped working all of a sudden!

    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:26 AM