none
WUAHandler.log - Failed to end search job Error 0x80072ee2 - WinHTTPSettings = 18: Why is it working? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I just want to ask why changing the registry value of WinHTTPSettings to 18 solves "0x80072ee2"? What is value 18 stands for? I just want to understand what is behind this value and how does it resolves error "0x80072ee2".

We want to implement this fix to our machines but we want to understand it first.

Thank you all in advance.

Monday, August 5, 2019 9:44 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It's not 18, it's "1800000000000000010000000000000000000000".

If setting WinHTTPSettings to that solves your issue, it means that it's a proxy problem. That registry key stores the proxy information. Above value means "Direct Access or No Proxy". Refer to this.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 5, 2019 10:03 AM
  • 0x80072ee2 = "The operation timed out"

This is indicative of a network layer issue where the traffic sent is not making it to or back from the target. This would happen if the system is configured for a proxy but shouldn't be, the proxy configuration is not correct, or the proxy doesn't pass the traffic as expected. Thus, disabling the proxy as noted by Ray may correct the issue if this allows the traffic to be passed properly.

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Monday, August 5, 2019 1:33 PM
  • Hello,

I notice that you have not updated for several days, has your issue been solved? Or is there any update?

Feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:45 AM