none
Dart 10 error: You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but ther aren't any administrator accounts on this P RRS feed

• Question

• Having this error on a Dart 10 install on our windows 10 image. We use mdt to install dart 10 wim when pushing down our image.

It boots fine into recovery mode. Select trouble shoot/ boot to command prompt. Then I get this message when you normally would select the administrator account to login as:

"You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC"

There are two local admin accounts (administrator account is disabled), the computer has not joined the domain.

Doing a search around I do see there was a bug for this in dart 8.1: 

"You enable the Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts Group Policy and select the Users can’t add or log on with Microsoft accounts option in the following Group Policy path: Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2957212/-no-administrator-accounts-error-when-you-select-an-option-in-winre-in-windows-8.1-or-windows-server-2012-r2

We set this setting in our windows 10 1607 image. There's a MSU Fix for dart 8.1 but this does not seem to be one for dart 10.

Any one see this an know a fix?

Monday, February 6, 2017 3:01 PM

All replies

• I'm seeing the same exact issue with Dart 10 when its replaces our WinRE on Win10 1607.  Hopefully someone has seen this before and will chime in.
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 3:38 PM
  • I am still seeing this with Windows 10 1703 based DaRT image. Any on from Microsoft have a fix?
    Monday, August 21, 2017 2:20 PM
  • Only way i was able to fix this is to change this setting to:

Users can’t add Microsoft accounts

This allowed me to login to dart with an Admin account.

Note it does add sign in options text link on the login screen. Clicking on it gives you an additional option of signing in with a Microsoft account. Since there are no Microsoft accounts added to the system (They can not be added do to the above setting) a user can not login with one.

Also in the OS the sign in with Microsoft account is still grayed out (settings/accounts/your info) and cannot be used.

• Edited by PeteBC Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:11 PM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 3:10 PM