none
Cannot Create DaRT Image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to create a DaRT image on Windows 10 1607, and it just isn't working. Even choosing all of the default settings fails out of the box. The error is:

Generating DaRT image
    Installing and configuring DaRT tools...
    The running command stopped because the preference variable "ErrorActionPreference" or common parameter is set to Stop: Error applying Dart Tools to the image mounted to: 'C:\Users\master\AppData\Local\Temp\DaRT_Mount_2016.10.19.17.42.27'. Package is not applicable: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\WinPE_OCs\WinPE-FMAPI.cab'..
    Cleaning up temporary files
    Temporary folder: C:\Users\master\AppData\Local\Temp\DaRT_Mount_2016.10.19.17.42.27
    The clean-up has successfully been completed.

Where are the log files? Exactly, what component is failing. The only thing I can guess is that my install may be tripping up on the Windows source files that are from the original release of Windows 10, 8/3/15. The ADK is for 1607 and the Dbg tools are whatever version that is currently on the web-site.

Thanks

Jason

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Jason,

I had the same problem, resolved by using a Windows 10 RTM image, Installed DaRT10 on a Windows 10 RTM VM and succesfully created the DaRT image.

I hope this helps

• Proposed as answer by T Messinis Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:57 AM
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Hi Jason, can you tell us what build number of Win10 you used?  That seems to be an important factor.  Thanks.
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:58 PM