none
Warning Backlogged inboxes during upgrade sccm 1806 to 1810 or 1902 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I just received new update for SCCM 1810 and 1902, I ran Prerequisites checker and I got the following warring

Backlogged inboxes [Completed with warning]:Verifies that the site server is processing critical inboxes in a timely fashion, and that inboxes do not contain files older than one day.

I used Inboxes Monitor tool to check inboxes files

how I can remove those files, or can I ignore the warning and proceed with the upgrade wizard

Monday, June 10, 2019 1:13 PM

All replies

• Based on this screenshot, i would suggest that you review the health of your environment. You seem to have a lot of files that need to be sent. Have you reviewed the log files to see what errors you are getting? 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:07 PM
  • Based on this screenshot, i would suggest that you review the health of your environment. You seem to have a lot of files that need to be sent. Have you reviewed the log files to see what errors you are getting? 

Garth Jones

Blog: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: https://sccmug.ca/

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleashed

Hi Garth,

Thanks for your reply, our SCCM environment contain One Primary Site connected with remote SQL and about 60 Secondary ,, the issue that i saw is the all content package are distributed to DP in HQ only and the secondary sites show in progress

but there's no any issues in DISTMGR.log  is there any other logs files should i check

or specific firewall ports should be opened between Primary site and secondary sites 

Monday, June 10, 2019 11:08 PM
  • Hello,

Here is an article to introduce the inboxes and which logs to check when there is a backlog in them.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/871161/a-description-of-inbox-folders-and-how-they-are-used-in-systems-manage

We could check Sender.log, Sched.log and other logs mentioned in above article, are there any error messages? Make sure that all tasks have completed before we upgrade the site.

All ports needed are recorded here. For the file replication between site server, we need open TCP 445 for SMB.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Hello,

I noticed that you have not updated for several days. Has your issue been solved? Or is there any update? Feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remembers to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 14, 2019 2:23 PM
  • Hi Ray Jia,

All ports opened without any issues, however primary site showing that all packages that distributed to secondary sites In progress state

The content files for package HQ00000 have not yet arrived from the source site HQ1. Distribution Manager will try again later to distribute the content

----

schedule.log

not showing any error all informational data

<Activating JOB 0002D404> [Software Distribution for Windows_10, Package ID = HQ100051]
        Destination site:  SWA, Preferred Address: *, Priority: 2

Site exchange certificate is not found.
    Trying to sign the data with site exchange key stored in OS.
        Hash algorithm ID on D:\SMSPKG\HQ100051.PCK.49 is 0x800C

sender.log

Attempt to write 85460 bytes to \\SS140SCCM.cm.thinkpad.local\SMS_SITE\13P9KHQ1.PCK at position 272872

distmgr.log

CContentDefinition::GetFileProperties failed; 0x80070003
    CContentBundle::AddContentDefinitionItems failed; 0x80070003
    CDistributionManager::AddContentToBundle failed; 0x80070003
    CDistributionManager::CreatePackageBundle failed; 0x80070003
    Error creating package bundle to send copy of package HQ100008 to site SWA.

Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:36 PM
  • I think that simply means path not found. Just thinking as I type... your source folders for content...still where you think they are? Did they move? Does the computer account of your server have read rights to the source content? (Not you. You don’t count, it’s the server that has to have rights). Same for the destination, rights are correct? There’s usually local groups in the servers into which you might have to have the machine accounts for the servers. Did some helpful “security audit” “cleanup” local security groups, and borked it all up?

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

Sunday, June 16, 2019 1:11 PM