Service Manager Web Portal for Incident Management RRS feed

• Question

• We have been evaluating Service Manager as a potential tool for field technicians to use to manage incidents. For various reasons the client must be web-based.

The Web Portal in Service Manager looked promising, but the Analyst Portal is limited to Change Management. Our requirement is to provide basic Incident Management to technicians through a web portal.

Will basic incident management be included in the Analyst Web Portal in a future version of Service Manager?

We are considering if it is viable to create our own web portal / SharePoint 2010 web parts for basic incident management with Service Manager. Is there an API or web services model available for Service Manager? Is there any other way to achieve this outcome?

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:27 AM

All replies

• The next version of the portal is late 2011 i believe, I would recommend publishing the SCSM Console via Terminal Services on 2008R2 and this can then be accessed via the web, it works great and we have used it since the BETA version this way when required
    • Proposed as answer by JR52MAR Friday, February 4, 2011 1:55 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:56 AM
  • Hello there,

I just came across this post. Excuse the plug but if you are still looking for a solution then the company I work for Cireson is releasing a browser agnostic analyst web experience in the next couple of weeks. http://www.cireson.com/app-store/web-console/

Please contact me for more information on team@cireson.com

Thanks,

Paul.

• Pro

psutton

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:04 AM